Are the firms, limited companies, association, institutions and other corporate and or unincorporated bodies that have been admitted into membership of the Institute at the discretion of the Council into the six classes of membership classes A-F. It must be noted that membership of the Institute by the corporate member does not confer its professional membership on any staff/director of the company or organization.
HONORARY FELLOW: The Act also provides for the council of the Institute to award honorary membership of the Institute to persons it considers deserving of such honour upon terms and conditions to be prescribed by the Council and approved by the Institute at its General Meeting.
FELLOW MEMBER: This grade of membership confers designatory letters upon an individual (FCIHTM) Fellows have full voting rights and can hold office in the Institute. Members will have met the following criteria:
- He or she must have made a significant personal contribution to the industry.
- Have been in senior management position for at least 5 years.
- Have been a full member of the Institute for 5 years.
- Must have demonstrate a significant contribution to the aims and work of the Institute. Have shown evidence of an ongoing commitment to continuing professional development. and more also additionally, Application for upgrading to fellowship shall be supported by the Institute, who shall have knowledge of the candidate for three years immediately preceding the application.
FULL MEMBER: This grade of membership confers designatory letters upon an individual (MCIHTM) Full Members have full voting rights and can hold office in the Institute. Members will have met the following criteria:
- Have achieved Hospitality, Tourism and Management qualification awarded by an accredited or international recognized institutions.
- Industry experience: Have achieve the appropriate industry experience points in a management or senior management post directly concerned with the hospitality, leisure and tourism industries and for in other relevant areas of work.
- Continuing Professional Developing: Have shown evidence of an ongoing commitment to continuing Professional development and have consistently participating in Institute’s conference.
ASSOCIATE MEMBER (MIHTM): This grade of the Institute confers designatory letters upon an individual (MIHTM). Associate Members do not have voting rights and hold office in the Institute. Associate Members will have met the following criteria:
- A hospitality, tourism based or other qualifications, a degree, HND, Advanced Diploma, PGD, or comparable qualification awarded by a Nigerian or Internationally recognized institution.
- Industry experience: Have achieved the appropriate industry experience points in an entry level or supervising management post directly concerned with the hospitality leisure and tourism industries, and for in other of work.